By a.R.a.S - Bodrum/Turkey 2010

Thursday, January 27, 2011

☜☝☞☟ Ignorants... they are everywhere! ☟☜☝☞

Wow! It looks like the "astrology post" got more attention than I had expected and I thank all of you for the comments you left. I am still waiting for one more person to comment and then I will manifest my thoughts. Just hold on tight... it is going to be interesting.
So, I have to tell YOU how beautiful yesterday was... here in Providence. Guess what happened!? It snowed magnificently and there I was, wondering around on East Providence and in downtown...taking pictures.

Benefit Street - Providence, Rhode Island


This is my camera's snow mode. So it's not sepia :D


                Providence Baptist Church                                              Providence Baptist Church



 Waterplace Park 
This is where the Providence Waterfire takes place 
during summertime, when the river is NOT frozen ;D


No need to explain what this is, right? The cutest icicle ever :)
And there I was... walking by myself in the city that welcomed me 2 years and 8 months ago. Almost 3 years! During my stay here, I have heard so many negative comments from so many different people, including the natives and the foreigners. 
- It is so boring here!
- There is nothing to do!
- It is so small!

Those people probably did not ask for my comments but I feel like I owe them this one.
How can YOU not like the city that I like so much that I write a BLOG about it?
Ohhh wait a second! Maybe this is why....
* You have probably never seen a show in PPAC - and YOU probably don't know what PPAC stands for either... Providence Performing Arts Center - where almost all the broadway shows play, where celebrities like Wanda Sykes and David Gray perform in a beautiful theater (way better than the ones they have in Broadway)
* Since YOU have never been to PPAC,  I don't think YOU have experienced the magic of the Trinity Rep. either. Well never mind!
* Have YOU ever been to Wayland Square and taken a walk? Tried out the wine&cheese bars, like Farmstead?
No! Why would YOU? 
* Been to the Avon Cinema or the Cable Car Cinema?
* Have YOU ever realized how close Providence is to Boston, N.Y.C., Portland, Newport, Fall Rivers, etc...?
* Did YOU even hear about the Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra?
.
.
.

What DID you do?
So if YOU've only lived the nightlife at least 3 nights a week and spent the rest of the week dealing with hangover and school, you have all the rights to complain about the city YOU live in. I salute you my friend... I salute YOU...
L.O.V.E.
a.R.a.S


3 comments:

  1. ..and you feel peaceful in Providence..

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly... Providence is a city that makes you feel peaceful, and at the same time you have many things to enjoy...

    Love this city...

    ReplyDelete