By a.R.a.S - Bodrum/Turkey 2010

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Defne Joy Foster

I am dedicating this post to a very rebellious and a joyful spirit. 

Image taken from Yok Böyle Dans' website

The first time I saw her was in the early 90's I guess, because I had just started the 3rd grade. She was one of the 
 VJ's on one of the music channels in Turkey. She was also a DJ, and a TV host for numerous programs.

                                                              Google Images


Later on, she started her acting career, and as far as I can recall, she only played in sitcoms. 
Her latest appearance was on the Turkish version of "Dancing With The Stars".

Image taken from Yok Böyle Dans' website


I never had the chance to meet her but her existence sure filled her loved ones, and her fans with JOY.
On February 2nd, TURKEY lost a Defne Joy Foster. She was 33 and a mother of a two-year old baby,
who is cute as a button :)))

Image taken from Yok Böyle Dans' website

I am going to remember YOU as a cheerful nutcase, and a loving person...
We are going to miss YOU. 
My condolences to her family and her loved ones.
May YOU rest in peace...



L.O.V.E.
a.R.a.S.



Please feel free to tell what she meant for you.
Here's a link to her farewell speech at the dancing contest.

4 comments:

  1. Amin... Oğlunu hep gözleyecek ve koruyacak ...içime öyle geliyor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bana da oyle geliyor... canim ya... negatif hic ama hic hatirlamiyorum gariptir...
    valla zor oldu yazmak... duygu katayim dedim asiri oldu, ayarlayamadim.. dengeleyemedim...
    soguk yazayaim dedim hic olmadi...
    boyle oldu ancak :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben bi mayfest te tanismistim.. She was so stoned when I met her.. She was rolling all over but still having so much fun.. (well who doesn't after getting stoned, right?) She was a unique persona and I used to love her so much back in the days.. Well I still do I guess since it made me really upset to hear that she passed away..

    'Cat kapi' diye bi programi vardi ben bi pnu hatirloyorum.. Bide mayfest teki halini.. tam bi deliydi.. I am sure she had a life with full of fun and enJOYment.. Rest in Peace, DJF...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Defne Joy Foster benim için eğlence, pozitif enerji, mutluluk daha doğrusu tüm güzel hisler... Şimdi O'nun yukarılarda bir yerde yine aynı olduğuna çok çok eminim... Yine mutlu ve huzurlu...
    Tüm ailesine ve sevenlerine başsağlığı ve sabır diliyorum... Güzel oğlununda koruduğuna bende inanıyorum. Huzur içinde yatsın...

    ReplyDelete