By a.R.a.S - Bodrum/Turkey 2010

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My winter-mania


Some friends have never understood why I am in love with the winter season. Every time they try to find a meaning to my "winter-mania", my explanation is " I love cold weather. When you are cold, there are many options to get warmed up. However, during the summer, even though you walk around naked, it is still freaking hot!" Can anyone argue this? I didn't think so ... ;) But today I guess I have realized that there are more reasons to my winter-mania.
  •  See the picture above? It was taken in the first month of 2007. Being in a ski resort, putting on funny/silly ski hats, drinking warm/hot apple cider or red wine ;D  To me, this experience makes the winter season one of the best times of a year. (Especially if you have the privilege to share it with the loved ones - see the picture below) 

  • Here's another reason.First of all I thank God and my parents because I have been able to travel a lot in my life. I experienced winter in many European countries and for the last 3 years in the United States. Obviously each country has its own way of spending the winter time and celebrating the special days like Christmas and the New Year's Eve and in each country the winter spirit varies. That's why, having seen many many different winters in different countries,  I feel confident enough to say that people are happier in this time of the year even though they don't realize it sometimes. I know I am. (Believe me, I am a good observer ;D
  • Try to light up a chimney during summer! Try to get comfy in front of the chimney with someone "special" and let's say "cuddle"... Fire vs. Summer ... Irony? Sarcasm? Nightmare? Romance? You know where I am getting at.


Come on! Don't be afraid to say that you like winter. Maybe not as much as I do, but yes, just a little bit.

Ok! The gas bills, frozen cars, mud-dirt on everywhere... I choose NOT to see the glass as half empty ;D

L.O.V.E.
a.R.a.S

4 comments:

  1. I love the pic and love this post!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree...

    First of all I love the winter sports and its very true that there will be a way to keep yourself warm from the cold but its hard to cool yourself when its hot.

    Another reason to love the winter is the winter fashion. Maybe its not as colorful as summer clothing but there are more options like sweaters, cardigans, coats, turtlenecks, etc. For me its much more fun to shop and wear.

    Thank you for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh yes! The winter fashion - couldn't agree more Deniz :D

    I am glad you all enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete