By a.R.a.S - Bodrum/Turkey 2010

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Carpe Diem mi Demiyem mi?

About a month or maybe a few weeks ago I realized something. I don't like the term/philosophy "Carpe Diem". What it means may be so true and there is no way I can come up with a counter argument. However, don't YOU feel like it puts pressure on YOU every time you hear it? 
"Seize the day!" YOU don't have to tell me to seize the day because I am already doing it. We probably all are! Especially when YOU or someone else has opened a can of worms for YOU, you just can't seize/enjoy the day because dealing with a problem makes it even harder to concentrate on the beauties of life. So... on top of that, hearing "carpe freakin' diem" drives YOU insane. This concept of unnecessary inquietude and anxiety has the role of showing YOU less of what YOU already have, less of what YOU already are doing. Therefore, the feeling of unfortunateness (I don't know if such vocab. exists - I might've made it up but YOU know where I am getting at) invades your personal life by covering your achievements and making YOU believe that YOU should be doing more. Yes, you might need to aim for more but it should not be this stressful.
Here's an example...  Look at us!

My dearest friends Seden & Rüya 
WE  have LAUGHED our BUTTS OFF
We have shared


We have had lunches, dinners & breakfasts together
We have done silly things
We have shared


We have cared for one another
We have posed together many times
We have shared


No comment on this one! :D But,
we have shared


We have cried (well, they have never seen me cry yet but still ;)
We have talked about LOVE
We have discussed about "stuff"! YOU know what I am talking about
and there were times that we have had fights but again,
We have shared


Now each of us lives in different continents, different cities. Careful, the following sentence may sound a bit tacky! However, we still have each other even though we are far away from each other. So here is a question.... Could have we done more to enjoy our moments together? 
OF COURSE YES! There were countless things that we could have done more. But the real question is, " Was it possible to do those countless things?"
OF COURSE NOT! A-ha! YOU have just realized it, haven't YOU? We have done ourbest to experience the most of what we have had. And we have never looked back and regretted that we did not "seize the day" when we had the chance. Because it is stupid to look back and regret about these kind of things. "Could've, would've, should've" are always going to be around us. But they are in the past. Why carry it to the present?
Trust me! YOU did what YOU were supposed to do and that is it. YOU have probably enjoyed it to the most. So, be happy, be thankful! Don't look back and stop worrying about "Carpe Diem" because YOU did seize the day, and YOU are doing it right now as well. Take it easy and don't forget that human beings are greedy creatures. There is never an end to it.
Dear Seden & Rüya... after writing all this, it made me think. I know YOU are making the most of IT too. I love and miss YOU! 


 L.O.V.E.
a.R.a.S

3 comments:

  1. First of all I would like to say that I really enjoyed reading this post.

    "Carpe Diem", sounds very nice and the meaning is nice too...

    Well living the moment is probably the best thing that we can do for ourselves. I think I live my momet! At least some days. Even if I start my day bad, I really really do my best to have a positive energy. I forget about everything that happens around me and just be HAPPY. Sometimes SING, DANCE something that is going to make me happy and relaxed and forget about the bad parts of that day. But yeah I am trying to teach myself to "seize the day".

    And yeeesss there is no going back and fix things. And there is no time right now to regret what happened in the past, because in the future this is going to be the past and we shouldn't regret this moment...

    Well ARAS, thank you for making me feel better.
    You my friend make me wanna live my moment, with all your positive energy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what it is to be young ...but YOU dont know what it is to be old...
    How much you tell yourself that YOU are living the moment....
    There will always be ONE MOMENT that your little mind will betray you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is really difficult to write an answer for me to this article especially because what i am goin tru at the moment,..but aras i love you with all my heart...u have such a huggeee place in my heart that u probably dont even know words cant describe lol
    i read this and i cried my eyes out !!!! i believe in carpe diem so much and trooughout the day i try to remind myself that especially now but its so freaking hard at the moment
    i just wish that all three of us can come together again at one point at place this year in 2011
    luv u both
    some times thinking of you two and these moments we have shared makes the day go by in seize

    ReplyDelete