By a.R.a.S - Bodrum/Turkey 2010

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Serenity

Looks like my previous post has become a centre of attention lol! I appreciate all the texts and the comments :) As long as I made you think or trigger something, I am content.
Today in my one of my MBA classes I have been exposed to multiple, so to say, "chinese tortures". But don't worry, it wasn't one those famous "water tortures" that we read in history books. This had the theme of;
"You'll bite your lips, pinch your legs and shed some tears in order not to laugh and in the end you'll give in to give up your soul." 
This experience took me back to my old college days, made me think of the fun I used to have with my dearest friends and the tears we shed whenever we laughed. Now I am in a different country, far far away from my hometown and my close friends but I can still laugh. I guess I've been a bit unfair to myself but now I am proud to recognize (once again) that I am still capable of leaving things behind and move on (without any damages caused)

Thanks to the new version of chinese torture, I realized, even though I sometimes feel that I need the past to live the present, I truly suffice myself. All I need is to take a look around and there it is! Countless types of people, things to discover, things to laugh or cry about... why need the past when you have the present?

This awareness is my serenity.

L.O.V.E.
a.R.a.S

2 comments:

  1. I love it when you said 'why need the past when we have the present'!!! Love it Love it Love it!!! BUT when I thought about it for a minute, I guess I've changed my mind! Why? It's because there are zillion 'things' in my place that I don't need anymore since I have their new versions but I still keep them here!! Why? No idea!!!

    [The past] could be just like one of your old and even ripped t-shirts which you can't get rid of even though you have many new ones in your closet [the present]!! So?

    You keep couple of those t-shirts, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!

    Yes, I do keep some "old"stuff - memories/memoirs, sometimes seeing them makes me feel enslaved to that part of my past but sometimes I just laugh it over. I totally agree with your opinion (whoever you are :D) but what I meant to say in my post was that we shouldn't look for the SAME past memories at all. Because the past IS the past and nothing will be the same as before. If we become obsessed/attached to our past, and hope that the same memories will be shared with the same people, then it becomes harder and harder to move on AND live the present moment ...
    so I realized that I do live the present moment & I am proud.

    I love my old t-shirts :P

    ReplyDelete